2-3 with one game remaining on a six-game road trip

in Rabattcodes aus England , Irland, Schottland 03.11.2015 01:50
von miao1234 (gelöscht)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Seventh-seeded Simona Halep of Romania retired with a right Achilles injury and fatigue while trailing Alize Cornet of France 6-1, 1-1, in her opening match at the Dubai Championships on Tuesday. The ninth-ranked Halep, who won the Qatar Open on Sunday, complained of an inflamed Achilles during her run to the Doha title. "I wanted to try because I like to try to fight for my chance, but here I couldnt," Halep said. "After one set I realized that it is dangerous to continue." The WTA physiotherapists recommend Halep take 10 days off to heal the injury. The only game Halep won in the first set was when she broke the 26th-ranked Cornets serve in the third game. Halep held serve in the first game of the second set. But after Cornet made it 1-1 the Romanian determined she couldnt play on. Eighth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki overcame a one-set deficit to outmanoeuvr Sabine Lisicki of Germany 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 to move into the second round. Wozniacki, who won this tournament in 2011, started the match leading 2-1 with a service break. The Dane then lost the next six games to trail the 15th-ranked Lisicki 6-2, 1-0. "I knew she was going to come out hot and just go for her shots, and I felt like I was just a step behind," said Wozniacki, who sports an eight-carat diamond engagement ring from golfer Rory McIloy everywhere she goes except on court. "It was nice to win this one." After evening the score at one-set all, Wozniacki broke out to 4-1. "Onwards and upwards, as they say," she said. Wozniacki will face German qualifier Annika Beck in the second round. Beck defeated Samantha Stosur of Australia 1-6, 6-1, 6-4. Also, fifth-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia beat qualifier Maryna Zanevska of the Ukraine 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Serena Williams, playing here courtesy of a wild card, faced Ekaterina Makarova of Russia late. Cheap Jerseys . Luongo will be making his first start at the TD Garden since Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when he surrendered three first period goals in a potential Cup-clinching game for the Canucks. Cheap Jerseys China .com) - Kevin Love scored 27 points to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 91-87 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Friday. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys.us.com/ . Despite his lack of experience, Smith calmly won it. The 25-year-old forward scored in the 11th round of a wild shootout Friday night and Chicago finally beat Dallas 2-1 for its fifth straight victory. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Catch the game live on TSN2 at 9pm et/6pm pt. RSL enters Thursdays contest down 1-0 after losing in Los Angeles to a Sean Franklin goal. But Salt Lake head coach Jason Kreis thinks the quick turnaround will benefit his team. Jerseys Cheap . Guida, 25, saw limited action in 42 games with the Goldeyes last season. He hit .184 in 38 at-bats and registered an RBI. He didnt register enough at-bats to accumulate a year of service, so he remains a first-year rookie in the American Association. RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes are hoping that one splendid period and a winning goal in overtime will change the direction of their season. Alexander Semin scored 3:27 into the extra session, and the Hurricanes snapped a five-game losing streak with a come-from-behind, 5-4 victory against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night. "Its a big win, a character-type win," Hurricanes captain Eric Staal said. "This is something you can build on. "We wanted it. A lot of fun to be part of it." Manny Malhotra scored the fourth goal in a seven-minute span for the Hurricanes, who had trailed 3-0 in the second period. "You sit there in the dressing room and you have the options of folding or going in and playing the third period the way they did," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "They gelled together and went for it. "Thats what the season is all about with team bonding and building. A lot of guys probably feel really good about themselves, and its a big win." Montreal defenceman P.K. Subban tied the game 4-4 with 9:44 remaining in regulation. Jeff Skinner scored a pair of power-play goals 37 seconds apart, and Staal tied the game at 3 just 4:07 into the third period. "We stuck with it the whole game, and it paid off for us," Skinner said. Cam Ward made 21 saves in the win. He played in back-to-back games for the first time in a month. Ward kept Montreal at bay as the Hurricanes rallied. "This can be the period that turns the seaason around," Muller said of the third period.dddddddddddd Max Pacioretty scored two goals, and Carey Price stopped 37 shots in a losing cause. "(The penalties) take all the momentum away that we got," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "When you end up losing the momentum, it is tough to get it back. "As the coach, I am responsible for the discipline of my team, and I will make sure it wont happen again." Lars Eller and Pacioretty scored in the opening eight minutes, and the Hurricanes failed on their first seven power plays in the first 35 minutes. Montreal dropped to 2-3 with one game remaining on a six-game road trip. The Canadiens failed to score during a power play that lasted the final 3:56 of regulation. Pacioretty has a team-high 17 goals, including eight in December. His first of the night was Montreals first of the power play in five games. Eller, scoreless in the previous 11 games, scored 1:20 into the game from in front of Ward. Trailing 2-0, the Hurricanes were denied on a brief 5-on-3 power play. Pacioretty scored again to put the Canadiens ahead 3-0. NOTES: The Canadiens will complete their trip on Thursday at Dallas. . Carolina captain Eric Staal played in his 730th game with the Hurricanes, the most of any player since the franchise relocated from Hartford, Conn. He moved in front of former defenceman Glen Wesley. . The Hurricanes recalled G Anton Khudobin from a conditioning stint with the Charlotte (AHL). He didnt play in the game. wholesale jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys china jerseys from china nfl jerseys cheap authentic cheap jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen